Terms of Service
Last updated: April 30, 2017
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before submitting content to http://www.laurazavelson.com website operating by Laura Zavelson (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
- As part of the 3 Things project and other potential projects we invite individuals to submit their own articles or “Content.”
This next part says that if you choose to participate and submit Content, that your submission (the words and the picture) can be reused by us in a lot of different ways. This is because at some point in the future, we may want to aggregate all this information in a book or other publication or we may want to use it as the basis for research informing other articles or publications.
- At some point, we may want to publish the Content in other formats or publications including but not limited to publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, and distributing it copying it, distributing it, printing it, publishing or republishing it, excerpting it (in whole or in part), reformatng it, translating it, modifying it, revising it and incorporating it into other works.
- We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, and distributing it copying it, distributing it, printing it, publishing or republishing it, excerpting it (in whole or in part), reformatng it, translating it, modifying it, revising it and incorporating it into other works.
- As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use your Content for any purpose. This license also grants us the right to sublicense the User Content to other Users to permit their use of that User Content to bee used, and to license or permit others to do so.
- We do not automatically publish submitted Content. We reserve the exclusive right to determine if Content is suitable for publication. We may refrain from publishing content for any reason. We reserve the exclusive right to decide when the Content is published. We reserve the right to remove Content at any time for any reason.
We’re after your own words of wisdom, not anyone else’s, so please make sure that what every you submit is your own work. (Duh.)
- By submitting User Content you warrant that you own all the Content you contribute. You must not upload or contribute any Content not originally created by you or any Content which is not properly licensed to you by someone else.
- The submission form asks for your email address so that we can ask questions with regards to your submission. We will not ever publish your email address without your permission. We will not sell your email address.
- When you submit your email address, you will be added to our mailing list. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, unsubscribe.
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Site.
- The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at laura [at] laurazavelson [dot] com.